- DC, VA, MD, MA, MI, PA, OR, GA, OH, FL, CA, NY, KS, KY, TX, CO
- LEED AP
- BS, Architectural Engineering, Kansas State University
- Architectural Studies, l’Ecole Polytechnique Federal de Lausanne, Switzerland
- NCEES – Committee chair for AE PE Exam Electrical Questions
- ABET – Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology Program Evaluator, Architectural Engineering
Daren Shumate, PE
Daren Shumate, PE, licensed electrical engineer, is a specialist in large, complex mechanical and electrical systems and has built his experience as engineer of record, project manager, and construction engineer on a wide array of project types.
For the past fifteen years of his over 25-year career, Mr. Shumate has specialized in the design and construction of data centers. Daren has led the design of some of the largest and most complex data centers in the country from a 940,000 sf, 80MW data center in Atlanta to the first LEED certified data center, Fannie Mae. He led the architectural and engineering design on a 750,000 sf, 100MW data center in Dallas and led the electrical construction administration on eBay’s 26MW data center in Utah.
Mr. Shumate’s early career in the DC Metro area was built on the foundation of commercial office and corporate interior MEP design having engineered over 3 million sf of office space for commercial and government clients. However, it was an early career highlight - the 1.2 million sf renovation of the Department of the Interior Headquarters - where Daren’s gift for design innovation in medium voltage power distribution and lighting design resulted in the successful modernization of this historic 1936 building.
Complementing Mr. Shumate's design leadership are his five years in the electrical construction industry. As a leader in business development/pre-construction, he learned firsthand the importance of not only well-prepared construction documents, but more importantly, the critical relationship between design and construction.
Representative previous experience as engineer-of-record and executive-in-charge:
- 3000 Skyline Dallas, 100MW data center, Mesquite, TX
- RTKL office space, LEED platinum, electrical engineer of record, Washington, DC
- Fannie Mae Data Center, 25 MW data center, LEED Certified, Urbana, MD
- White House Press Briefing Room